2021-2022 Mentorship Recipients
Mentorships are awarded as part of the annual grant application process.
STRUCTURE & EXPECTATIONS
Mentees will be paired with mentors after being selected, and individual mentees may work with one or more mentors during the course of the year-long program (from October 2021 – September 2022).
The expectation is that the grantee and mentor collaborate together to form a personalized plan for the grantee for the year to aid in goals specific to them. This may include but is not limited to:
- development of a personalized photo project or photo story; honing story-telling skills, with the end result being a set of pictures to be published at the end of the term
- structuring a more efficient work flow
- perfecting their portfolio, website, resume; help with Interview skills
- networking and introductions to others on the DPPF advisory board or within the industry who might aid in advancing their career
- discussions and instruction about equipment or technical photographic skills
- assistance with the business side of the job: how to invoice, contracts, etc.
- advice on real work experience: assisting jobs, credentials, coverage of a live event
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Awardees and mentors will sign and adhere to the DPPF Code of Conduct.
The DPPF will solicit feedback from both awardees and mentors at regular intervals throughout the year. A member of the DPPF administration will always be available for support for all participants.